I’m taking a writing challenge this week. It’s to write a list, so I thought I’d make a bike list.
List of reasons why I am good at this sport
- Even saying this feels wrong because I am not good at this sport.
- I am trying to be good at this sport. That counts for something, yes? Yes.
- I went to two races.
- My coach one time said I had good bike skills.
- Man, I wish bike skills counted for more.
- I am good at this sport in my heart because I am passionate about it. I may not be so good in the legs, but I’m good in the heart.
- I can keep up really easily on the B sweaty Tuesday Night Rides. After I do those twenty miles, I feel like I could easily do ten more.
- People sometimes say, “You’re doing great.”
- I have drive.
- I am motivated.
- I’m not going to fucking quit.
- I smile when I ride.
- I have my bike clothes on right now for a ride that will happen at 4 and it’s only 2:18. I’m that excited to go today.
- I am good at working hard in my writing, at my job, why can I not work a little harder while on the bike? I never feel like I work hard enough.
- I put so much pressure on myself sometimes I feel like I’m going to implode.
- Do not implode. I finished both races.
- I did cyclocross even though I really was terrible, terrible and I thought that was fun and hard.
- There are some things people do that they are good at and naturals at and some things people do that require a lot of work. My friend told me I’m really good at reading (Thanks BP).
- I have increased how fast I can go.
- I have increased how far I can go.
- I am good at this. I am just not really good at this. I am beginner good.
- I am athletic, maybe not an elite athlete, but I’m doing alright.
- An earlier self wouldn’t even try this because it’s intimidating. I am trying it.
- I am doing okay.
- I feel a lot better.
- Thank you list.